Below is the Access Statement for Bryn Melyn Guesthouse for 2013-14.
- Bryn Melyn Guest House is on the outskirts of Barmouth on a steep hillside. It is a ten minutes walk into town, the walk back is steep and may take longer.
- There is a resident's car park and space can be reserved next to the main entrance if requested.
- The approach to the house has three steps into a conservatory area. Once up these the ground floor public area, including the lounge/bar, reception and dining room are on the level. There are steps leading out of all doors to the exterior of the hotel
- Comfortable seating is available in the conservatory and lounge/bar areas.
- There is no toilet on the ground floor.
- Guest rooms are on the first and second floors. There are sixteen steps to the first floor with a fire door and half landing after thirteen. All the first floor is on the same level with a fire door part way down the corridor. The second floor is up a further fifteen steps with a fire door at the top. All doors are clearly labelled with the room number.
- All rooms have private en-suite facilities with basin, walk-in shower and toilet. Some showers have a small step up into them.
- All rooms have cordless kettles and remote controls for the television. There is a mix of double and twin rooms with one of the twins being on the first floor.
- Corridors and stairways are well lit at all times and all notices are clearly displayed.
- Assistance is available to get to the first floor and for transporting luggage to rooms.
- Menus and all other information can be made available in larger print if requested.
- Special dietary needs should be made clear at the time of booking and every effort is made to cater for them.
- The nearest bus stop is at the bottom of Panorama Road, approximately five minutes walk away, (a steep climb to the house). The train station in Barmouth is approximately fifteen minutes walk. We can, by prior arrangement, collect and return guests from and to the station. There are also a number of local taxis working within the Barmouth area.
- Due to the terrain many mobile phone networks have limited or nil coverage in the area. The best is Vodaphone, although Orange and O2 have some coverage. Please contact reception if you need to make a call urgently.
As you enter Barmouth on the A496 from Dolgellau Panorama Road is the first road on the right and is off a sharp left hand bend. It climbs steeply with two hairpin bends as it runs around the Bae Abermaw hotel. Bryn Melyn will then come into view above the road to the left. Ignore the car park entrance and go straight past it, up the hill about 100 yards. Turn round at the next junction before coming back down the hill into our car park.
Bryn Melyn has seasonal special offers and promotions.
Check to see the latest offers.Special Offers